November 23, 2006

Gobbledygook.

Happy Thanksgiving!

That is all.

I jest. Of course, that's not all.

I have much to be thankful for. And, even though I think it's more fun to be cynical, I'll set my cynicism aside for a minute and give you my short list of things I'm grateful for.
  • Kids who are amazingly funny, smart and beautiful people.
  • A husband, who in spite of my "gift" of being a total nutjob, tolerates my nuttiness.
  • The functional portion of my dysfunctional family.
  • My husband's family - and that they have accepted me as one of the mob.
  • Good food, good health, good music.
  • Friends who take me as I am.
  • Warmth on a cold night - which is quite the task in the house we live in.
  • Nature and all of it's amazing beauty.
  • That I'm finally getting comfortable in my own skin.
  • Achieving clarity and possibly attaining a little bit of wisdom. A very small bit. A teeny-tiny bit. An almost microscopic bit. But, it's more than I had when I was 20.

I could go on with my list, but that'll do for now. I'm starting to feel the cockles of my heart beginning to warm, and warm heart cockles will never do.

Just for you - a horribly bad turkey joke.

What goes gobble, gobble, ha ha ha, plop?

A turkey laughing its head off.

Hey, I warned you it was bad, didn't I? But, you just had to keep on reading. It's your own fault.

I hope all of you have a safe Thanksgiving surrounded by those you love. If you're unfortunately surrounded by people you can just barely tolerate, I wish upon you copious amounts of alcohol.

Take Care,

The Bablatrice - who is more potent than tryptophan in putting people to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Love you blog and hopefully I can visit your state in the near future. Please visit my blog and make sure you sign my guestbook so I know you were there

    ReplyDelete