For Christ's Sake, Quit Clownin' Around
John Claussen is a pastor in the fine city of Des Moines, and he thinks that maybe people are getting bored with his sermons. I'm betting John's assumption is correct. But no worries, because this summer John is taking Sunday morning to a new level. A level of epic proportions. And how is he doing this? By dressing up as a clown. As in, he's going to be dressed as a clown while he preaches.
Holy flaming pulpits, Batman!
A preaching clown = scarier than anything I could have even imagined. Ever. Especially when you throw in that his 'clown name' is Leviticus W. Doorknocker, which to me sounds like some totally pervy Amish dude.
Anywho, John's not stopping with clowns. No way, Jose. John's going to have a different theme every Sunday. Like Cowboy Sunday and Uniform Sunday and Billy Bob's Barnyard Bible School.
Kinky, John. I love it! In fact, I love it so much that I have a few more theme ideas for you along with the corresponding sermon titles. It's just my little contribution to the Lord's work.
- Pirate Sunday - Ya Scurvy Dogs are Walkin' the Plank Straight to Hell
- Sci-Fi Sunday - God's Ray Gun is Bigger Than Yours
- Mardi Gras Sunday - For the Love of God, Show Me Your Tits
- Luau Sunday - Jesus Leied Down His Life For You
- Fiesta Sunday - Donde Estan Mis Pantalones? (I realize this doesn't have anything to do with Jesus, but it's the only Spanish I know.) WAIT. I've got it. Donde Estan Mis Pantalones, Jesus?
- Ships Ahoy Sunday - Jesus Loves You No Matter How Nautical You've Been
You're welcome, John. You are welcome.
The first round of t-shirts are up on Zazzle and they're ready to buy. You can get them here.Facebook
Flumadiddle is now on Facebook and you can become a fan. Doing so will keep you updated on the Flumadiddle swag that's available and you'll also be in the know as to when I update the blog. Becoming a fan will also save your soul.
It's the least I could do.
Hugs and Kisses,